Recent blog posts include:
- Dogs and Children – the best children’s books
- Swallow and Amazons and the importance of childhood freedom
- A light-hearted piece on the challenges of school visits!
- Why there should be more science and scientists in children’s fiction
- In Praise of the FCBG – the Federation of Children’s book Groups
- A review of Reflections by Diana Wynne Jones
Also check out the ABBA Online Literary Festival, where I am chatting with one of my child readers – and advisers – about my new book How (Not) To Make Bad Children Good.
I have recently done this blog piece for ABBA and Vulpes Libris on the pit-falls of writing stories about naughty children! Let me know your thoughts.
- Disabled Characters in Children’s Fiction
- Favourite Bad Boy Just William
- Siblings and Sorcerors – a tribute I co-wrote with my sister to the fantastic children’s writer Diana Wynne Jones
And Down With Spelling – for anybody who, like me, still struggles to remember whetheroccassionally (?) has one s or two…